Tuesday 21 February 2017

My Cold Canadian Heart



The fires are unnatural and one was about 20 minutes from me, but thankfully the firefighters didn’t wait for orders, they disobeyed and just went and killed it. : D The mission had to evacuate several sectors of missionaries :P  People are actually setting the forests on fire. They’ve found lots of different people in the act. 

                      Trying not to breath in the nasty smoke


 
         Some of the elder's leaving their smokey house a 2am.


 
I reeeeaLLY miss winter I think my first child will be named snow. Ha-ha 
It’s been 37 degreesish every day!!!!! My cold Canadian heart is melting!!!!

We had the most fantastic week ever!!!!!!  We had my second worldwide missionary conference with the general authorities, and they changed all of the rules! We get to pick our own schedules!  Two extra hours on p-day! Only four indicators key! New investigators, people in church and people with date and baptism :D seriously it sounds small but it changes everything!The people who go home won’t be so weird now ha-ha: D Elder David Bednar says the lord needs servants who know how to use their agency :D 

I also finished reading the book of Joshua in the bible and it was really good :D 

The ketchup mustard on Hna Silva’s hand is my art project while we waited for our food between parts of our conference of missionaries :D 
 
 
 
 
1.5 yrs in the mission, even though the sign is for marriage anniversary.


 We also had an intercambio and I went with Hermana Larsen, I love her so much :D she is an avid moose fan ha-ha  I love her to death. it’s been a really long time since I had an intercambio with that much fun, instant trust and miracles :D for example we found a guy carrying a big roll of carpet down the street so we offered to help he said yes and as we helped we found he too had been fired on false charges 5 minutes earlier and he took us as sign that god is giving him some time to put his life in order :D he went to church on Sunday and is now an investigator of the elders. We were able to help convinced another lady that Joseph Smith is a prophet after months of her not believing it, and I recognized several people from my intercamios over there with Hna Ricagno :D 

 

           Below we have Romina my new fave member, we did splits :D
 
 
 

                      My apartment building tortures me with a pool ;) 

 
                                   View from her window

Yeah but Hna Larsen and me had a great time and I learned so much!!!!! It was great :D 

 

Hna Aros has had a molar ache for a long time so we spent most of today in the dentist.

We were at lunch with a member when her drug addicted son showed up we were talking about talents, he started critizing Hna Lange’s copper jewelry (Chilean made) and when she challenged him on it he brought out tons of crazy cool craft stuff he makes!!!!! It was so cool and he was right his way better than most street vendors. He gifted us all a flower book mark all of them unique, but he only had 3 so he leaves and comes out a minute later with a coil of wire and made me one right there it was so cool!

 
I’m just about as far south in the mission as it gets. I’m only 40 min north of my old sector :) I’m super safe no worries :D I looked in my journals and found out I haven't used English scriptures since Nov 28, 2015 ha-ha :D Do you have any advice on what to do near the end of the mission? I’m kinda freaking out sometimes. I'm definitely working as hard as always in every moment :D 

Love amazing Shaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment